Park Rules & Safety
The following policies have been established by Columbus Recreation and Parks Department to ensure all park patrons have a safe and enjoyable experience at the Scioto Mile. We thank you in advance for your cooperation. City of Columbus codes Chapter 919 are enforced at all parks along the Scioto Mile. Call 614-645-4545 to report illegal activity.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited on all trail ways on the Scioto Mile.
- Dogs must be on a leash on trails and owners must clean up after pets.
- Bikers must yield to pedestrians and give an audible warning when passing other trail users. Ride and skate at a safe speed and slow down to form a single file line in congested areas, reduced visibility and other hazardous conditions.
Pedestrians must stay to the right side of the trail except when otherwise
designated. Be alert when running or walking and listen for audible
signals when others are passing to ensure trail safety.
- Toys of any kind are not permitted in the fountain as they may damage its internal workings.
- Children under 8 years old must be accompanied by a responsible
- Pets are not permitted in any of the fountains or water features on the Scioto Mile.
- Any children playing in the water who are not pottytrained must wear swim diapers.
- Please walk, do not run in the fountain.
- Fountain water is re-circulated; avoid getting water in your mouth.
- Diaper changing in public restrooms only.
- Refrain from playing in the fountain if you are ill or have had diarrhea in the past 2 weeks.
Prohibited at the Scioto Mile
- Unauthorized vehicles on sidewalks or in the parks
- Commercial activities, including soliciting and/or vending without permission from Recreation and Parks
- Cooking grills or open fires
- Feeding the geese or other wildlife
- Illegal drug use
- Illegal weapons
- Alcohol (except that purchased or permitted during special events)
- Glass containers
- Unleashed pets/animals or pets/animals in the fountains
- Large shade structures including tents and patio umbrellas
- Staking of any type