Festival season is in full swing and BOOM! is one that brings huge crowds to downtown Columbus for a night of music, food, activities and of course – fireworks. As one of the largest displays of Independence Day fireworks in the Midwest, the Scioto Riverfront provides one of the best views. The event officially begins next Thursday, July 3 at noon. For more information and a full schedule of performances and activities, visit www.redwhiteandboom.org. You won’t want to miss it!
WHAT: Red, White & Boom – the largest fireworks display in Ohio!
WHEN: Thursday, July 3 | Noon to 11 p.m.
WHERE: Downtown Columbus
The Scioto Mile Fountain will be turned off beginning Wednesday, July 2 at 6 p.m. and will be back on Friday, July 4 at 10 a.m.
- Public set-up for Red, White & Boom may begin at 5 PM on July 2.
- To keep your parks looking nice, we request that personal canopies, tarps and blankets not be set-up until July 3.
- Due to riverfront construction space is limited. Be considerate of others.
- Please mark your area with items that don’t present a danger to the public. STAKES AND POSTS ARE PROHIBITED as they pose a danger to playing children and can cause damage to irrigation systems.
- Anything placed before 5 p.m. on July 2 will be collected and taken to Bicentennial Park, 233 Civic Center Dr.
- Canoes, kayaks and legal vessels that can be carried will be allowed at the Downtown Lower Olentangy River Boat Launch, located west of Neil Avenue on Nationwide Boulevard. (The ramp has been permanently closed to trailered boats).
- Power boats, canoes, kayaks may be launched at the Scioto Audubon Metro Park launch area west of Front Street on W. Whittier Street. Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis, with approximately 30 spaces available. (Franklin County Metro Parks will close gate when spaces are full).
- Due to the ongoing construction of the Scioto Greenway project, boating will not be allowed in the Scioto River 100’ above the first railroad bridge south of the confluence of the Scioto and Olentangy Rivers and the first railroad bridge south of the Main Street bridge. Boats launching from the Downtown Lower Olentangy River launch area will be restricted to the areas north of the railroad bridge 100’above North Bank Park.
- Boats launching from the Scioto Audubon Metro Park launch area will be permitted to travel north to the railroad bridge south of the Main Street bridge.
- Boater Safety Inspections and Registration Checks will be occurring at the launch areas. Individuals without proper safety equipment, registrations or proper display of OH numbers will not be permitted to launch. Individuals launching before 2:00 p.m. will be checked by marine officers on the water.
Happy Independence Day everyone!