Development of the Mile
The $40+ million investment in Scioto Mile represents an unprecedented partnership between the public and private sectors. Only through the cooperative support and funding from many corporate and community sponsors was this amazing project possible.
Our Supportive Community
The City of Columbus partnered with the Columbus Downtown Development Corporation (CDDC) to develop and execute the comprehensive project plan and funding strategy. As project developer for the City, CDDC selected MSI, a Columbus-based landscape architecture firm, as the design professional for the project and Messer Construction Company as the construction manager. American Electric Power served as the project’s corporate leader.
Special thanks to these corporate and community leaders for their contributions and support.
- American Electric Power Foundation (sponsoring the Scioto Mile Fountain in Bicentennial Park)
- City of Columbus
- Franklin County Board of Commissioners (sponsoring the Performing Arts Pavilion in Bicentennial Park)
- The State of Ohio
- Huntington Bancshares, Inc. (sponsoring the Huntington Plaza on the Scioto Mile)
- Nationwide Insurance (sponsoring the Nationwide Insurance Colonnade on the Scioto Mile)
- Robert F. Wolfe and Edgar T. Wolfe Foundation (sponsoring the Robert F. Wolfe and Edgar T. Wolfe Foundation Balustrade along the Promenade)
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- Columbia Gas of Ohio (sponsoring the Columbia Gas Gardens in Bicentennial Park)
- The Columbus Foundation (sponsoring the Robert B. Hurst and James W. Overstreet Endowment Funds of the Columbus Foundation Canal on the Scioto Mile)
- Limited Brands, Inc.
- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (sponsoring the Scotts Miracle-Gro Gardens on the Scioto Mile)
- Time Warner Cable (sponsoring Free Wireless Internet on the Scioto Mile provided by Time Warner Cable Business Class)
$100,000 – $500,000
- Crane Family Foundation
- Deloitte (sponsoring the Leaf Benches in Bicentennial Park)
- Grange Insurance Companies
- Ingram-White Castle Foundation
- The JPMorgan Chase Foundation
- NetJets, Inc. (sponsoring the NetJets Bicycle Racks on the Scioto Mile)
- U.S. Department of the Interior
Up to $100,000
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bowen Engineering Corporation
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Industrial Contractors
- The Joseph A. Jeffrey Endowment Fund of the Columbus Foundation
- The New Albany Company
- Sun Technical Services